WHAT WE DO
- Intake, screening & assessment
- Individual and Group Counselling
- Family Counselling for gambling/gaming/internet use issues
- Referral to more intensive gambling/gaming programs
- Educational Presentations
EDUCATION AND AWARENESS SERVICES
CASON recognizes the importance of education and awareness in our community. We respect an individuals rights to choose whether or not they gamble, play video games or spend time surfing the internet, and we place high priority on informing the community regarding the potential problems associated with gambling/gaming, warning signs, risk factors, and where to find help. We provide information to the public, community groups and professionals. Contact us for more information.
Self-Exclusion is a voluntary program run through PlayOLG that gives anyone the opportunity to take a break from gambling. The gambling program provides options for 6 months, 12 months and indefinitely. The self-exclusion process can take place as a service for our clients at our CASON offices. For more information about the program, please click here.
CASON assists family members/spouses on their own to develop strategies for coping with the effects of a gambling/gaming problem. We support all family who come forward in times of need whether the person you are concerned about is receiving treatment at CASON or not. Our services help families to:
- Understand the problem and its effects
- Find ways to cope with the problem
- Provide resources that can help with finances, legal issues and other concerns
- Manage stress, depression, anxiety and anger to heal family relationships