WHAT IS A.S.H.?
Click on the picture below to view our A.S.H. video!!
2 main components to this program:
Supportive, clean & sober housing while you work on your recovery. The clients will live independently in the Niagara Region with peer support and regular visits by the Case Manager. The housing will consist of both individual, clustered and/or communal living environments, with the focus being on peer support. Safe stable housing is an essential part of this treatment program. To assist with this a rental supplement will be provided.
Intensive Case Management
This is the main focus of the program. Case Management assists clients to first stabilize their situation. Identifying client’s substance use goals and treatment goals are part of a comprehensive treatment planning process.
Later work emphasizes the acquisition of skills in daily living, developing coping strategies and new healthier behaviors. Ongoing screening, assessment, monitoring, referral, advocacy, counselling, education and life skills training are all part of this program
WHO DOES IT HELP?
- Want help to stay clean and sober
- Have tried treatments in the past
- Are willing to work on an intensive recovery plan
Five Intensive Addiction Case Managers will facilitate placement in independent living situations and provide support to individuals who meet the following admission criteria:
- Applicant’s primary concern is problematic substance use.
- Applicant has experienced a history of multiple entries into treatment
- Applicant has a clear commitment to a goal of abstinence
- Applicant has been unable to obtain or maintain housing without support. Must be capable of living independently with support.
- Applicant agrees to complete a comprehensive assessment process (may involve 3 or more meetings)
Contact the ASH Team at Community Addiction Services of Niagara (CASON) at 905-684-1183 ext 230