Gambling problems affect everyone involved in the gamblers life. The impact on loved ones, particularly a spouse, can come in many forms. An obvious stress created may be financial concerns, but issues of trust, communication and intimacy can also arise. A loved one may feel anxious, frustrated, depressed and/or angry about the situation. We are here to provide support for you.
- Ideally, the gambler will seek counselling and loved ones are encouraged to attend with them. Sometimes, for many different reasons, the person with the gambling problem does not wish to attend counselling. In these cases, Gambling Support Services can assist family members/spouses on their own to develop strategies for coping with the effects of a gambling problem.
We Can Help Family Members and Loved Ones To:
- Understand the problem and its effects
- Find ways to cope with the problem
- Provide resources that can help with finances, legal issues and other concerns
- Manage stress, depression, anxiety and anger to heal family relationships
This link will provide you on to the CAMH website for the family information handbook. It provides information in the following languages: English, Chinese, Farsi, French, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Urdu, and Vietnamese.